Long overdue update

Posted by Zach | Saturday, January 10, 2009 | 0 comments »

***Be warned, this update is kinda random as I'm not feeling well and am hardly concerned with paragraph and sentence structure***

Sorry all, I've been bustin my butt flyin' a ton and dealing with sinus congestion. So I believe my last real update was arriving in Lawton, OK. That place was a dump and half. We knocked out the project and made a short hop to Ardmore, OK to begin a new much larger project. I had set a goal to hit 800hrs by the end of December and pulled if off on the 31st. So far, January is looking like I might hit the jackpot on flight hours. Knock on wood, I'm at 840 hours as of today and if I can hold a 2.8hrs/day average I can hit 900 by the end of the month. This also mean a personal best 100 hours in a month. The other good thing is that the flight window extends longer starting in February making more hours per day possible and thus making 100+hrs a month almost no problem. If this works out I could potentially hit 1000hrs by March, and theoretically fly until the end of June totalling around 1300-1400hrs. Again, big knock on wood, but definitely possible. Anywho, here's some more pics to enjoy.


Lawton-Ft. Sill, OK (KLAW)


A regular visitor to Lawton



My bird on the ramp in Lawton.


Another shot of Oklahoma City when I flew up to do a control field.


Some windmills north of Henry Post


I guess the guy that repo'd these 727's from Champion Air and Kittyhawk when they went tits up is from Dallas and its cheaper to park these birds in Ardmore, OK. Go figure.


Climbing out of 35 at Ardmore (KADM)

Hmmm... might not get any imaging done today... lets keep flying east.


Haze layer turning into a scattered-broken layer... kinda cool. Not good for imaging, though.


Bridge over Lake Texoma, on the OK/TX border.

Peace out

zdd

0 comments