More pictures

Posted by Zach | Monday, April 27, 2009 | 0 comments »


Well, I've been flying a solid 9-10hrs a day for some time now and even the couple days off I've been too wiped to keep this up to date. Tough.

I already recapped getting to Independence/Cedar Falls, IA so I'll start from there. We waited about 3 days for the snow to clear before we could resume flying. Whilst in Cedar Falls I decided to make a more concerted effort to get back into runnning and thus begin getting back into shape. I went to a local running store, jumped on their treadmill with several different shoes and found the perfect pair to work with my overpronation. Eventually we made it back into the air and finished up the project in a week or so.

There was a snafu with where we were to go but Ben and I ended up heading to a place called Poplar Grove, just outside of Rockford, IL. It was another short project and we left after staying only one night. We did hit the Texas Roadhouse, getting an instant flashback to Cape Girardeau because they all have the EXACT same layout.

Our next destintation was Alexandria, MN but I had to stop to do a couple partial projects back in Des Moines first. My project ended up being hung-chowed after a couple days of being stuck so I convinced the boss to let me split for Minnesota. The flight up to Alexandria was pretty uneventful. I had to shoot the ILS coming in but I broke out well above min's.

I've been in Alexandria for a scosh over a week now and we've got about 4 days wor left for 2 of us, though we found out they're trying to send 1 or 2 more planes up to finish the project. If they ever make it here it'll be a quick finish, if the weather decides to let us get our work at 9000ft done.

So here's some pics from Sedalia, MO, Des Moines, IA, Rockford, IL and Des Moines, IA again. I have a few from here in Minnesota, but they're in my plane at the airport so you gotsta wait. Enjoy...


Not so stealthy from directly above. B-2 Spirit Stealth Bombers at Whiteman AFB in Missouri.


Note the A-10 Warthogs on the right side of the picture...


This showed up at Signature Flight Support in Des Moines and low and behold he's from Whiteman AFB. Go figure.


From left to right: A-10 Warthog, Ben's plane, My plane


Downtown Des Moines... not too impressive.

Ruh-roh... snow enroute to Independence, IA. Guess we'll go hide out in Byron, MN at Ben's parents.


Rockford, IL KRFD

The midwest is so flat the only thing you to watch out for are towers. This doozy of a towers is 3000ft high and I'm flying by at 3500ft. This is one of about a half dozen just north of the Des Moines airport KDSM.

Thats it for now. Peace.

Z Deezy

0 comments